- If you have to tow your car, call a professional towing company.
- Flatbed equipment
- The operator will load your vehicle onto the back of a truck.
- This is the best method to transport your car.
- Equipment for wheel lifts
Two pivoting arms are used to lift the front tires off the ground by the tow truck. The rear tires are left on the ground. This is a good way to tow your vehicle.
You can cause serious damage if you try to lift your vehicle or tow it by the bumpers. The bumpers were not made to support the vehicle’s weight. You should never tow your vehicle using only a rope or a chain. This is dangerous as ropes and chains can shift or even break. The Transmission can be damaged by improper towing, such as when the vehicle is being towed behind a motorhome or another motor vehicle. If the vehicle’s front wheels must be on the ground,
- To check for fluid leaks, look under the vehicle near the transmission housing. Call a professional towing company and have your vehicle checked by a dealer if you discover a leak.
- Place the cloth around the cover’s edge. To remove the cover, use a small flat-tip or metal fingernail tool. Mounts on the anchor at the front bumper.
- Remove the wheel nut wrench and the towing hook from the luggage area.
- Attach the towing hook in the hole and tighten it using the wheel nut wrench.
- Attach the towing device and the towing hook.
- Start the engine.
If you have difficulty turning on the engine, place the ignition switch in the ACCESSORY position
- Manual Transmission models: Shift or Neutral
- Continuously Variable Transmission models are activated by pressing the brake pedal.
- Hold the Shift key for five seconds in Drive mode, then shift to Neutral.
- All models: Depress the parking brake.
If the vehicle’s front wheels must be on the ground,
Only: Continuously Variable Transmission CVT Models
The transmission will be damaged if you are unable to shift the transmission or start the engine. The front wheels of your vehicle must be elevated from the ground. You can read about How to Make Your Trailer and Tow More Effective by visiting https://towingreseda.net/how-to-make-your-trailer-and-tow-more-effective/
The keyless access system models have an ENGINE START/STOP switch instead of an ignition switch.
While your vehicle is being town, you might experience the following symptoms:
If the power assists feature of the brake system is disabled, it may make it difficult to brake. The power steering system disables the power steering, so the steering wheel can become heavy.
To lock the steering wheel, turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0*1).
It is best to keep the vehicle on the ground with the front wheels, tow it no further than 80km and maintain a speed of 55 km/h. The brakes will heat up when you go down steep slopes.
The brakes may not work properly if this happens. Towing professionals are available to assist you if your vehicle is being towed on inclined terrain.
Use only properly designed and attached towing equipment. Manual transmission models: Turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0*1) to lock the steering wheel.
It is best to keep the front wheels of the vehicle on the ground and tow it no further than 80km. Keep the vehicle’s speed under 55 km/h. The brakes will heat up when you go down steep slopes.
The brakes may not work properly if this happens. Towing professionals are available to assist you if your vehicle is being towed on inclined terrain.…Read More